Silicon Power’s new Solid State Disk combines aesthetic and performance to transform computing experience
Taipei, Taiwan – April 24, 2012 –Silicon Power (SP), the world’s leading provider of memory storage solutions today unveiled Velox V60, a 2.5” consumer solid state disk that combines aesthetic and performance. V60 features a sleek metal body with SATA III interface delivering personal style, speed and quality, taking computing experience to a new level.
Unlike a traditional SSD that is rigid and bulky, SP V60 offers a stylish brushed aluminum enclosure in metallic gray. It features a hairline finished cover with a silver embossed diamond cut logo and a body with curved edges. Its minimalist design speaks quality and character; adding style to functionality so consumers will never need to compromise aesthetic for performance.
Featuring the latest SandForce controller, SP V60 unleashes the potential of SATA III 6Gbps interface to deliver up to 550MB/s reads; 500MB/s write transfer rate. The V60 can significantly improve performance over hard drive; it can boot a computer in seconds and quickly launch applications.
The Velox V60 is more reliable and durable than a hard drive. It contains no moving parts, making it more resistant to shock and vibration. Weighing only 64 gram, the V60 is one of the lightest of its kind and generates less heat and noise, making it an ideal solution for notebook users on the go.
The V60 SSD is available in 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB and is backed by a three year warranty.
– Brushed aluminum metal body with metallic gray finish
– SATA III 6Gbps backwards compatible with SATA II 3Gbps
– Super-high transfer rate: 550MB/s max. read speed
500MB/s max. write speed
– Supports TRIM command and Garbage Collection technology
– NCQ and RAID ready
– Equipped with DureWriteTM and wear leveling, to extend endurance
– Implement with ECC technology to guarantee data transmission reliability
– Built-in with SMART monitoring system
– Low power consumption
– Shock & Vibration-proof
– Noiseless operation, no latency delay and no seek error
– 3 year warranty
– Capacity: 60GB/120GB/240GB/480GB
– Dimensions: 100mm x 69.85mm x 9.4mm
– Weight: 64g – 77g
– Complimentary 3.5″ Adapter Bracket
– Vibration Resistance Test: 20G
– Shock Resistance Test: 1500G Max
*Transfer rates may vary, depending on system platform.